Thank you for considering competing at the IBM/SAM 2008 Combined Convention to be held July 21-26, 2008 in Louisville, Kentucky. This will be the most exciting event in the history of magic in North America.
- Please read and agree to the General Terms and Conditions which will be understood by you to be an integral part of your application. You must complete and sign the Competition Application Form and enclose your payment of $50.00 for each category in which you wish to compete before your application will be considered*.
- You must send 3 DVDs of your act to the address shown below. Your DVD must be of your complete performance, not an edited or promotional DVD. Your DVD must be received no later than June 1, 2008. Your act must be no longer than 10 minutes and your performance will be penalized if you go over. Please be sure your name and email address is on each DVD.
- If you have previously won a Gold or Silver award from either the IBM or SAM, or if you have been a First, Second or Third Place winner in any category at a prior FISM competition, you are exempt from submitting a DVD of your act. However, you must complete the required application and submit the required fees and registration.
- There must be absolutely no pyrotechnics. Anyone not abiding by this rule will be immediately excused from the competition, will receive no refund of fees, and may be subject to prosecution by the fire marshall. Only flash paper, flash string and candles may be used.
- DVDs will be distributed to a preliminary judging committee who will decide the final acts for the competition. The DVDs will be considered the property of the IBM/SAM 2008 Combined Convention and will not be returned.
- Competitors will be notified of acceptance on a quarterly basis throughout 2007 and 2008 depending on when their correctly completed applications, fees and DVDs have been accepted by the Committee. If you are not selected, your paid application fee will be fully refunded. You will also have the option to cancel your registration(s) and receive a full refund minus a $25.00 service charge
The top six scoring acts from the Stage and Close up categories shall be Finalists. They will then compete for the Championship in a separate final performance. A vote of the “People’s Choice” by those in the audience will determine the recipient of a $10,000 cash award in each of the two categories. An equal amount in bookings will be distributed among all Finalists and all will be eligible to compete in FISM 2009.
Please send your signed application form, fees*, performance DVD’s or direct contest questions to:
Joan Caesar, Contest Chair
Elora, Ontario, N0B 1S0
* Payment of convention registration and contest application fees may be made by personal check or by VISA or Mastercard as noted on the Application Form.
Download this form here.